Apr 10, 2012

My people!!! I am very excited to tell you all stories from our recent trip! Amma, Appa and I went to Costa Rica and I had many a new encounter and little experience that I'd love to share with you all. 



Little birdie:
Every morning, we would go down to the hotel's open garden restaurant for breakfast and I would enjoy looking at fish, touching butterflies, smelling flowers and playing with birds. One day, just as Amma and I were entering the restaurant area, a little birdie that Amma called a 'humming bird' flew straight to a glass window and came crashing to the ground. I was right there walking in when this happened. I could not get my mind away from the little birdie that lay there gasping for breath. While we all thought it will not wake up, someone came and lifted it a bit and it flew right away!! Yayy, I was glad the birdie was not hurt and would come back and play with me again!


Smoothies:
I was excited to be traveling around Costa Rica and did not really care to eat food. But the one thing I decided to indulge in were the tropical smoothies. Like my Mala Paati, I love juices and loved sipping the yummy fluids! Fruit punch (a blend of fresh tropical fruit juices) was my top choice, followed by watermelon and mango smoothies.


Hola!:
Amma had taught me to say 'Hi' to anyone that appeared in front of me, so I would say 'Hi' to everyone and they would say it right back to me. Interestingly some of them would reply and say 'Ola', so I learned that I had to customize the greeting and say Ola to some people. Appa says he will learn Spanish from me some day, yay! 


Monkeys:
I took keen interest in spider monkeys, but more interesting was the fact that they would only play with me and move wherever I went. There were many other people in the jungle tour that tried to take pictures of the monkeys, but they would constantly follow me. I think Appa is right in calling me a 'little monkey' after all ;-)


Soak time:
Would you believe if I said I soaked in hot springs for almost seven hours? Yes, we got in and out of the 14 different hot springs, but all in all I was in the water for over six hours and loved it!


Big brother/Anna:
We met with another Indian family at the resort. Their son, Govind soon became my 'Anna'. Anna was really sweet and played with me one evening and let Amma and Appa peacefully chat up with Nandita Aunty and Harish Uncle. We met again for a nice dinner, and my new Anna let me play games on his iphone!


Girlfriend:
Amma, Appa and I went to this pizza/sub takeout place located close to our resort. There was a girl named Alexis that was about 2 years older than me. I'll call her Lexi. The aunty that made the subs for us took a long time to make it, so in the interim Lexi and I played while Amma chatted up with Lexi's mom. Apparently, Lexi's mom left the United States and came to Costa Rica when Lexi was in her tummy. Amma and Aunty talked for a long time and Amma even bought jewelery that Lexi's mom had made herself.  She used to be a jewelery designer in New York, but left all that to live a life for Lexi and herself and decided Costa Rica was the place. Everyone in the area helps her out with doctors' fees and small loans for the little shop. Amma calls Lexi's mom brave and inspiring.


Flight journey and nice lady:
Who ever likes flight travel!?! I sure did not like it, but did not mind it as much as Appa and Amma. As Amma was trying hard to get me to nap, and I had decided to play rather than nap, this nice lady sitting in front of us turned around and asked Amma if she could talk to me. Pat came a big nod from Amma. She had magic in her voice and touch, for I slept within seconds!! Then Amma, Appa and the lady chatted until we actually landed! Her oldest kids (2 of them) were biological while the youngest was adopted from China. She and her husband are both practising lawyers that travel around the world on long-term assignments. She had a lot of interesting stories that kept both Appa and Amma entertained and less troubled from the long flight journey!


Note from Amma:
We meet so many interesting people, characters and beings and forget them along the way in our busy lives. This was a little attempt to remember those people and moments that helped make this trip so special.


6 comments:

  1. I just love Sana's pic that you have posted on this post Shal. Azhagi kutty :)Lotsa love :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Govind Anna

    It was really nice playing with u too sana. Hope to meet you sometime. Say hi to your amma and appa:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pl wait I am making a long comment - like your long posting dear

    ReplyDelete
  4. sahana kutty
    you had gone on a wonderful trip where you saw nature and greenness.Birds ,insects and animals are also GOD's creation ( lke u and me ) and they help us a lot by cleaning the surroundings and making us happy. We should never harm them as they do not harm us. They live happily with their family and so should we be. They get up early mng .clean themselves eat when they are hungry and teach us such things.. I am touched by ur concern on the "humming bird". what does it show. All accidents are temporary - you should get up like a bird and fly happily forgetting the past

    2) Drink lots of fruits and I am happy to learn that u took lots of fruit punches. Actually when you travel, it is better to eat more fruits and what u have done is correct. And fruits are natural boon by God to us. No adulteration or cooking. Just eat and drink as much as you want. But u should also eat some solid food daily OK. I too like all the flavors u had, but I cant have more due to my health . You ENJOY darling and I am more happier on knowing that

    3) Hola sahana kutty- also remember the "Namaste" I taught you. what other Spanish word you know. You should learn as much languages as possible as it helps in one way or other

    4) Next time you come to India I will show you "Baboon" monkeys, Lion monkeys, long tailed monkeys etc. You also have chimpanzee and Gorrila which come under "Monkeys". see them whenever u can. And monkeys are our forefathers. Lastly, do not forget that we have a monkey God called Hanuman. Pray to him for strength and success

    5) Hmmmmmm0 I envy you- You know pretty well that Thatta likes to get into water ( of all sort) So please, next time you get into to any water entertainment area, take me with you : I bet you will enjoy more with me. I did this for krish
    6) It is nice to make friendship and the more u have friends the more u r liked. And u should be in touch with them afterwards too. I see Govind annas comment and am glad that u r in touch. Keep it up. Also be in touch with Lexi

    Nice to know you learned a lot and travel gives you experience and u traveled with amma and appa and had a wonderful time. Now that it is over it is time to study and play at home. Meet Kaif, Parveen aunty etc once in a while, Now that patti is there learn lot of stories from her. enjoy the life darling
    GOD bless you with all good things in life. Learn more tamil rhymes and tamil alphabets from patti and english from amma. Eat well play well. I know u will do it.
    I missed this journey with you- but I remember the Vegas trip where we wandered on the roads of vegas, you getting scared of a duck, seeing Lion,fish etc. and I have seen the photos sent by Mom . and I have seen you in all the pics and am tempted more, day by day, to be with you and enjoy my life- Blessings to you
    Take care baby
    loving thatta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh Thatha!! I had only seen your previous response where you said you'll leave a long post, but never saw this until today!! this is amazing...wait I have to read it again to enjoy it more! You are the best Thatha!!!!!

      Delete
    2. Yes you are really the best Thatha.

      Delete